Deep Springs Baptist Church is a Christ Centered Baptist church located just northeast of Dalton in the beautiful mountain region of northwest Georgia In the Beaverdale community.
In the year 1851, in a sparsely settled community about ten miles northeast from Dalton, Georgia, in the county of Whitfield, near a large and deep spring, and located on the Dalton and Benton public road was built a log schoolhouse for the mutual benefit of all concerned.
Not long after this, the exact date not known, a Baptist church was constituted and a permanent shed built for the better accommodation so much needed.
A title to five acres of land was granted by Pleasant M. Roth, grandfather of Mr. Lee Routh, to the deacons of the church, which was used for building site and burial ground. Camp meetings were held, families coming and camping on the church grounds. The cruel Civil War with its blighting influence came - strife and antagonism developed.
The original building destroyed by fire in 1899 stood some distance behind the present building. The present building was built in 1900, and has been remodeled and had Sunday School rooms added.
( The above was written by Rev. W.A. Henry in 1922 and copied in the history of Whitfield County)
Rev. Thad Osborne pastored the church from 1968-1981 and during this period the church built a new sanctuary, education building, fellowship hall, and a lovely pastorium. The property for the pastorium was donated by Mrs. Vernon Hayes.
Please click on "Our Pastor" and "Our Beliefs" to learn more.