Dear Deep Springs Baptist Family,
We will have morning worship only with the church doors opening at 10:50 A.M. We have taken every precaution to ensure your safety to the extent which is possible. We have deep-cleaned the church and will have hand sanitizer, clorox wipes and masks available if you would like to wear one but do not have onhand. Additionally, we have marked off the pews to ensure the 6 feet distancing requirements and ask that everyone be mindful of this recommendation. Below, I will outline the approved protocol to ensure a smooth transition to the “new normal” that is required in today’s Covid-19 environment.
1. If you are over 65 or are at “high risk”, we suggest you continue to follow the Governor’s recommendation to shelter in place. We would never want anyone to subject themselves to unnecessary risks of exposure.
2. If you are sick or running a fever, please stay home and join us via Facebook Live.
3. Restrooms will be available but we ask that everyone wash their hands and help us keep bathrooms as germ free as possible.
4. You may wear a mask, gloves and any other protective clothing that you feel is necessary. We will have masks available in limited supply.
5. Use hand sanitizer often and avoid touching surfaces. We will open and close the doors for you as much as possible to assist with this.
6. There will be no congregational “fellowship” or “hand shaking” time as was the norm before the virus.
7. There will be no passing of the offering plate during the service, but we will have them stationed at the exit for you to be faithful to God in tithe and offering.
8. As mentioned before, pews have been marked off and we ask that you distance yourselves when choosing a seat. Families or those of the same household may sit together.
9. At the conclusion of the service, we will dismiss by rows and avoid congregating in the foyer and other confined spaces of the church.
10. It is a great privilege to come together as one body in Christ and praise Him for who He is and what He has done for us. We honor Jesus by caring for and loving others in how we conduct ourselves during this time of uncertainty and disease.
If you would like to see family and church friends but do not feel now is the time to join inside the church. You have options:
1. You may park at the church, wave to your friends and family while still watching the service online via your digital device.
2. You may park at the church, wave to your friends and family and tune in to FM station 91.1 to listen live.
3. You may continue to worship with us online at home via Facebook Live.
One last thing...Remember God loves you, Deep Springs Baptist Church loves you and I love you!
A fund to purchase a church van has been established, all donations can be marked van fund.